Wednesday, May 17, 2006

freaky friday

for me and bianchi. start off biking to los feliz hills to pick up a small piece of art. alls well so far. then as i'm biking down vermont, giddy with the slope, i try and stop at a light. but unbeknownst to me, the shirt that was tied around my waist is now completely sucked in to my brake (situation), so instead of stopping gradually i stop all at once completely and i fly off my bike onto my knuckles, elbow, and inner calf. gross. so i get up, make a fuss, get myself back together, and go to my meeting and then on to work with these gnarly wounds.

it's not bianchi's fault, it's mine, so i go on the midnight ride. everything's going great until we end the ride at the echo, when i discover my wheel is flat. bummer! first flat! i have no idea how to fix it, though i am prepared with a patch kit. i manage to catch a bus immediately but it only takes me about a fourth of the way, so i walk from circus of books home, carrying bianchi. all i can say is it's a good thing bianchi's not a horse, or i don't know what i would have done.

happily people did offer to help both times, but there wasn't any real way they could.

so bianchi is on a break until i fix the flat. sorry bike week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home